The Beirut Pride organisers have issued a statement announcing the suspension of the Beirut Pride actions under threats from authorities.
Meanwhile, other organisations in Lebanon continue with the planned activities but suspend the use of “Beirut Pride” brand.
The situation is likely to keep evolving. Follow #IDAHOT on Twitter for updates
Read the report of events by Reuters
This #IDAHOTB, The Arab Foundation for Freedoms and Equality invites you to light a candle in reverence for individuals in the region who
1. Lost their lives to gender-based violence
2. Suffer from structural and organizational oppression
3. Fled their homes from discrimination
4. Faced bullying in public spaces
5. Got detained for choosing love
6. Stood up for their basic rights
See what happened and show your support:
Beirut Pride cancelled after organiser detained